The Story So Far
The Sunday Assembly is a godless congregation that celebrates life.
Our motto: live better, help often, wonder more.
Our mission: to help everyone find and fulfill their full potential.
Our vision: a godless congregation in every town, city and village that wants one.
We are here for everyone who wants to:
Live Better. We aim to provide inspiring, thought-provoking and practical ideas that help people to live the lives they want to lead and be the people they want to be
Help Often. Assemblies are communities of action building lives of purpose, encouraging us all to help anyone who needs it to support each other
Wonder More. Hearing talks, singing as one, listening to readings and even playing games helps us to connect with each other and the awesome world we live in.
It was started in England in January 2013 by two British comedians, Pippa Evans and Sanderson Jones.
Watch the below video to get a short introduction.
Sunday Assembly Brisbane
Launched in November 2013 and runs monthly events. We get about 30 – 50 people per event. Visitors, guests and children are all welcome.
Our assemblies are held on the 3rd Sunday of every month at 2:30pm at Hamilton Town Hall, Corner of Rossiter Parade and Racecourse Road, Hamilton.
What should you expect from a Sunday Assembly event?
Just by being with us you should be energised, vitalised, restored, repaired, refreshed and recharged. No matter what the subject of the Assembly, it will solace worries, provoke kindness and inject a touch of transcendence into the everyday.
But life can be tough… It is. Sometimes bad things happen to good people, we have moments of weakness or life just isn’t fair. We want The Sunday Assembly to be a house of love and compassion, where, no matter what your situation, you are welcomed, accepted and loved.
Most of all, have fun, be nice and join in.
The Sunday Assembly Charter
1. Is 100% celebration of life. We are born from nothing and go to nothing. Let’s enjoy it together.
2. Has no doctrine. We have no set texts so we can make use of wisdom from all sources.
3. Has no deity. We don’t do supernatural but we also won’t tell you you’re wrong if you do.
4. Is radically inclusive. Everyone is welcome, regardless of their beliefs – this is a place of love that is open and accepting.
5. Is free to attend, not-for-profit and volunteer run. We ask for donations to cover our costs and support our community work.
6. Has a community mission. Through our Action Heroes (you!), we will be a force for good.
7. Is independent. We do not accept sponsorship or promote outside businesses, organisations or services
8. Is here to stay. With your involvement, The Sunday Assembly will make the world a better place
9. We won’t won’t tell you how to live, but will try to help you do it as well as you can
10. And remember point 1… The Sunday Assembly is a celebration of the one life we know we have
Who are the people running Sunday Assembly Brisbane ?
If you’d like to make contact with the local organising committee, you can find our individual contact details here.